Subject: Re: [Leica] Pulizer and being there
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 14:55:38 -0500

At 12:12 PM 4/25/99 -0700, you wrote:
>There are plenty of visually stimulating facades and edifices Downtown
>Portland as the Sun comes up. Would something interesting or newsworthy
>be happening in front of these facades? Not much luck so far!

In that very city, Portland, Oregon, is a wonderfully photogenic city.

I was at an AP digital workshop a couple years ago. A group of five of us -
imagine, five news photographers descending on one subject! :-) We actually
all hung back and watched as the one with the camera had fun.

In about 15 minutes we produced two pictures that they put on the AP wire.
A girl on a pillar in a park blowing bubbles and something else. Can't
remember what. Not anything compelling newsworthy by beltway standards, but
fun pictures for inside page fillers on slow days. :-)

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Lives of great men all remind us,