Subject: Re: [Leica]-grade computer monitor?
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 07:04:02 -0500

At 10:47 PM 4/22/99 -0600, you wrote:
>I took a look at flat panel displays today too,and love the size and cool
>factor, but they sure do cost a lot, and some really look bad. Anyone got
>one of those 15" IBM PanelLink-standard digital units, and truthfully, can
>it hold it's own against an expensive tube unit?? Among other things, I do

Nope. The only flat panel that has true white and that you can calibrate
for Photoshop is the new one from Silicon Graphics. And it looks really
cool. But it's, as you say, very expensive. But I'm not sure you can put it
on a Mac. It's for their new Windows NT graphics workstations. I bought a
19" Digital Research monitor that works with Macs and PCs. Very nice for
less than $600.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Gotta run, the cat's caught in the printer.