Subject: [Leica] Slides online
From: "Gib Robinson" <robinson@sfsu.edu>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 17:59:06 -0700

Dear LUGers,

I sent twenty slides to Advanced Digital Imaging and asked them to post them
on their website as well as create a CD. The photos are now up and I'd be
happy for some visitors and feedback. The URL is http:www.adiweb.com. The
third selection on that home page is ADI Photoweb. If you click on that you
will get to a page titled "Your Pictures on the Web" if you enter the
password ROBIN
in the Web ID slot, you should get to the two-page display of my slides. If
you have trouble accessing the photos, please let me know.

I've looked forward to sharing some photos with LUG members, and I'm happy
to have something to show, although the web images are somewhat
disappointing because I know what the original slides look like. They do
preserve much of the image detail but not the vitality of the color or the
relationship of shadow and highlights. The images that transfer the best are
low contrast images where neither shadow detail nor vibrant colors are
important.

The 20 images are mostly of California landscapes and San Francisco
architecture. They were taken with either an M2 or an M6, except for the
architectural photos which were taken with a R body and an Angenieux 70-210.
Since they don't have captions, I'll give you the quick summary here:

Page #1 (from left to right)

Top row:

1) Close-up Olympic Peninsula Rain Forest
2) Yosemite Valley
3) Yosemite back country (from near Glacier Point)
4) Yosemite Valley
5) Lake Ediza in the Minarets

Bottom Row

1) Owens Valley
2 - 6 Yosemite backcountry details

Second Page

1-3 back country detail
4-8 buildings in downtown San Francisco.

Please take a look when you can.

Thanks,

- --Gib