Subject: [Leica] Re: To Mark Rabiner about LUGgers
From: "Giorgio Ferrari" <fergio@galactica.it>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 20:51:12 +0200

- ------=_NextPart_000_0016_01BE8D01.DB533660

Dear  Mark,
many thanks for your answer; I'm very happy when my opinions touch the =
soul of other good persons. It's only three months that I'm a LUGger, =
but I've learn to appreciate your speeches for balance, experience and =
expertise.
Probably, like you say, more LUGgers are really photographers... but the =
E-mails that I can see every day are foreboding of doubts. (Someone =
can't focusing with 75/1.4, others had in mind only travel bags and so =
on...)
Sometimes I'm thinking that I'm becoming a collector rather than a =
photographer too...
And it depends, in my opinion, on Leica!!!! Well, when I was young I had =
a Voitglander camera and the only thingh I wanted was to make photos, =
everytime, everywhere, at any case.
Now, I have 4 Leica cameras, more lenses, but when I'm using they the =
original spirit is not the same; the interest for the object "Leica", =
the cult for "divinity" is great and the love for the heart of photos is =
not so high.
And this, I think, it's the same for much LUGgers; perhaps photos are =
only a way to justify the existence of Leica!!!!!
Effectively, I feel I'm much more free when I'm using other cameras; =
when I'm using Leica I feel myself like a V.I.P. and not a normal =
one.....damned Leica!!!!

Best regards

Giorgio Ferrari

- ------=_NextPart_000_0016_01BE8D01.DB533660

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Dear&nbsp; Mark,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>many thanks for your answer; I'm very =
happy when my=20
opinions touch the&nbsp;soul of other good persons. It's only three =
months that=20
I'm a LUGger, but I've learn to appreciate your speeches for balance, =
experience=20
and expertise.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Probably, like you say, more LUGgers =
are really=20
photographers... but the E-mails that I can see every day are foreboding =
of=20
doubts. (Someone can't focusing with 75/1.4, others had in mind only =
travel bags=20
and so on...)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Sometimes I'm thinking that I'm =
becoming a=20
collector rather than a photographer too...</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>And it depends, in my opinion,&nbsp;on =
Leica!!!!=20
Well, when I was young I had a&nbsp;Voitglander camera and the only =
thingh I=20
wanted was to make photos, everytime, everywhere, at any =
case.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Now, I have 4 Leica cameras, more =
lenses, but when=20
I'm using they the original spirit is not the same; the interest for the =
object=20
"Leica", the cult for&nbsp;"divinity" is great and the love for =
the&nbsp;heart=20
of photos is not so high.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>And this, I think, it's the same for =
much LUGgers;=20
perhaps photos are only a way to justify the existence of=20
Leica!!!!!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Effectively, I feel I'm much more free =
when I'm=20
using other cameras; when I'm using Leica I feel myself like a V.I.P. =
and not a=20
normal one.....damned Leica!!!!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Best regards</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Giorgio =
Ferrari</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_0016_01BE8D01.DB533660--