Subject: Re: [Leica] OFF TOPIC - EPSON INK CLONES
From: "4Season" <4season@boulder.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 18:55:07 -0600

Refill kits can be a good buy, but don't expect to revitalize a bunch of
dried-out carts that you've had sitting around for months. Get to know the
innards of your printer a little, particularly the various wipers and
reservioirs which catch the excess ink. Keep them fairly clean, lest the
accumulated sludge contaminate your new carts. Try not to overfill to the
extent that ink is dripping from the ink nozzles.

I wouldn't use this stuff for top quality work, because none of these refill
kits promise fade-resistance or consistancy from batch to batch. Light
Impressions (www.lightimpressions-direct.com) offers some archival supplies
for the Epson printers which may be worth a look.

It seems Epson's Stylus Photo EX is hitting clearance prices of $300-320,
probably in anticipation of the arrival of the 1200 (I can hardly wait for
that one to arrive!).

Jeff