Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Walt & other things
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 15:12:46 -0700

Jim Brick wrote:

> I suspect that Walt left for the same reason that Ted, I, and numerous
> others, no longer participate actively in LUG lore. After deleting a solid
> week of "pressure plate scratching film" and another week of "M6 shutter
> accuracy", and a week of Why Read "Shudderbug," Anyway? there's not a
> hellova lot to read or respond to. I stay subscribed because occasionally
> someone posts a trip report (Tom A., Gary Todoroff, Tina Manley, etc.) or
> someone has good info about what's happening (Pascal, Lucien, Bill Rosauer,
> etc.), or just good info (Erwin, Marc Small, etc.) But these tidbits are
> few and far between. Most of the traffic is "kibitzing" and while that's
> OK, don't get me wrong, I'm personally tired of it, as I suspect others are
> as well, and I have too much to do. Over the past months, I've been sorting
> a day's worth of LUG by "WHO", then scanning those folks who usually have
> reasonable thing to say, deleting the rest. If I have extra time, I'll read
> more, if I have less time, I read less. I have people like Erwin, Tom A.,
> Gary T., Tina, Ted, etc... filtered into a separate mailbox as I very much
> like reading their posts. And sometimes, that's all I can read. These folks
> seem to be able to put whole thoughts into print. Not just quips and innuendo.
snip there just "ain't" enough time to go around. Especially to read a
> week of "pressure plate scratching" etc... Jeez... just replace the damn
> plate. A $24 part and four screws.
snip

Dear Jim:
Here are some comments you would have pre filtered out and so won't get.
Your succinct advice "just replace the damn plate. A $24 part and four
screws" might have been useful when we needed it a week ago and put that
idiot controversy to rest.
Thanks for coming back from the dead again to clobber us with enough
negative energy to make ones hair go white. And thanks also for you
clarifications as to M6 Shutterbug accuracy and the merits of Shutterbug
but especially to how to filter out the people you don't like, it's the
Email software that seems to be your specialty.
I'm sure we all can't wait for another blast of your negative energy hot
air describing how you're really not on the list but have just come back
to tell us how stupid most of it is.
This done in the name of Walt who while on the list was widely
criticized for his digressions moreso than anyone else and who loved to
be crazy and break all the rules.
Mark Rabiner