Subject: [Leica] Epson printer
From: DAVE YODER <leica@home.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 07:07:38 -0700

> Gareth, I'll second that advice on printing B&W in color mode. That's what I do and it's quite nice, though you might have to make a couple to get it just right. From a nice scan you can make images that, though on close examination are not as nice as chemical prints, are quite nice from 3-4 feet away. Hard to tell a difference, depending on the original exposure and scan.

At our newspaper the Nikon scanners have been put up on the shelf
because they're not sharp enough and they tend to pick up every bit of
debris on the film. Kind of a pain in the butt if you're on the road
and/or on deadline, though the size still is reason enough take them on
the road occasionally. We're using the old Kodak ones that aren't made
anymore, and recently we tested several models to replace the old ones.
We weren't really happy with any of the models currently produced (drum
scanners were not tested). Grudgingly we're going with the Polaroid
sprintscan 35's for want of a better option.

Dave Y