Subject: [Leica] Re: Best 50 mm LTM lens?
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 16:54:42 -0400

I have an old coated Elmar, a red scale Elmar, a Summitar and a Summicron
for my LTM cameras. For general shooting it is always the red scale Elmar.
Both resolution and contrast seem excellent to my tired eyes.

Ken Wilcox

At 08:06 PM 4/19/99 +0200, you wrote:
>At 6:47 pm +0200 19/4/99, Hans Pahlen wrote:
>>I have just found a LTM Leica III (black) with an uncoated Elmar 50/3,5. In
>>order to get best possible image quality, I wonder what 50 mm LTM lens you
>>think is best. I mean earlier designs than the LTM Summicron 50.
>>I am thinking of the red scale Elmar 50/3,5 or maybe the Summitar 50/2,0.
>>Will I notice any difference at middle apertures?

Ken Wilcox					Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LAW LHSA MEA						          <wilcox@tir.com>