Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Advertising, was How could the R8 be bettered?
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 11:20:46 -0700

"B. D. Colen" wrote:

> >Hi B.D.
> >They do monitor this site! Both in Solms and NJ. daily  They just don't
> >acknowledge they do!
snip
> Hey, Ted...Goodto hear your "voice."
> Well, if they're listening, and they have any PR/marketing sense, they'll
> respond to the perceived pressure plate problem, rather than just "lurking"
> and reading about it. The "problem" may or may not be real, but a response
> would be...real...and would earn them many points with the loyalists...
snip
I can't see' em blowing their cover by acknowledging this fallacious
wild goose chase.
I think they'll lay low and wait for the big one. We're just going to
have to come up with something better than this to get'em to come out
from behind that monitor. Something big.
"My God my film is shattering into huge hunks that are getting into the
mechanism and voiding my passsport warranty and so is everyones I know
and everyones I'm sure I don't know."!!!
Are we covered by Acts of God? How about that red guy with the horns?
How about Mother Nature is she a diety my passport protects me from.
Since when do passports have anything to do with insurance? Am I really
asking people to explain insurence to me? If they made a quartz Leica
would anyone care?
Mark Rabiner