Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 Shutter accuracy?
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 08:52:54 -0700

Dan Cardish wrote:
snip  In any case, I think it was my weeks worth
> of clicking the shutter that loosened up the lubrication etc., and that
> brought the shutter back from the dead.  I've used that camera quite a bit
> since then, never a problem.
> Obviously, this shouldn't be a problem with a new camera, though.
snip
> At 09:27 PM 17-04-99 -0700, Mark R. wrote:
> >How long did it sit on a shelf before it went through this test without
> >a roll put though it?
> >I would get a few rolls put through it first to warm it up before I
> >started hooking it up to an oscilloscope. The camera had dried out on
> >the shelf.

I can show a contact sheet to someone who questions the Leica M's
shutter or meter. I can show them a stack of contact sheets. Worth a
thousand words with numbers added in case you loose track.
Specifically what I had in mind was A NEW CAMERA drying out on the
DEALER shelf and tested before a roll goes through. But even from stupid
Pop and Mod tests for decades we know that 1000th is hit or miss unless
it's some quartz electronic deal which is not the Leica M Persona. That
Persona is a conservatively refined for generations fine tuned and
innovative but not quartz.
Does a 50th sync speed tell you anything?
Mark Rabiner