Subject: [Leica] M6 Shutter accuracy?
From: "Hoyen ~simontart~" <simontart@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 08:30:52 EDT

Ted Grant wrote: "Don't forget, we're only here for a little time, so
what the hell don't take any of it too seriously!  Just take
pictures, have fun and don't sweat the damn techie stuff!"

Actually it's a good thing we're "sweating the damn techie stuff"
since Leica seems to think it's a good idea to use their customers
for quality control testing.  If Leica does keep track of this list
like people say they do, maybe people like Wayne, Erwin, et al will
keep them on their toes.

For what it's worth, I think the M6 is the best camera, functionally
speaking, that I've ever owned.  I also think it's the worst built.
I went through three of them, brand new, before I returned the last
one directly to Leica USA and gave up on the M line.  I'm glad others
here have had better luck than I.  I'm about to pick up a new R6.2
and I hope my R experience will be better.  If it wasn't for the
glass, I would have left Leica a long time ago.

Just my 2 piddly cents.

Hoyen