Subject: Re: [Leica] Lewis and Clark high points
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 21:56:04 -0500

Hey, you'll be passing through my hometown! Come through here, and I'll
photograph you for the paper. We're always looking for people doing strange
things. :-)

Don't pass me by. I know some people who have done serious research on this
topic, Especially for this area. The expedition spent Independence Day near
Atchison, Kansas. I know a great restaurant right near there whose chef
used to cook for the governor of Alaska. He's great!

Have you read "Undaunted Courage" by Stephen Ambrose? Outstanding biography
on Merriweather Lewis.

NPR interviewed Sam Abell last year. He talked about doing his book with
Ambrose. Might want to look that up in their archive.

This May 14th I'm making the trip with my Leica's and a Rolleiflex TLR
>in a Budget truck filled with a shopsmith and misc furniture picked up
>from Columbus Ohio.
>I've never traveled alone and never driven a big truck and never tried
>to put such a subtext to my images. I'm really not a history buff or
>Lewis and Clark Fan but I'm boning up (woof) and am in need of advice.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

My computer's sick. I think my modem is a carrier.