Subject: RE: [Leica] London travel report and famous negatives
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 10:14:08 -0500

At 06:36 AM 4/14/99 -0700, you wrote:
>While I'm on the topic, I've heard that an American University has Ansel
>Adams negatives it makes available to students to print from.

It's at the Center for Creative Photography at the university in Tucson.
They also hold the Gene Smith archive, Arnold Newman I believe and many
others. Students can make prints from Ansel's negatives, but the prints
stay there. They can't leave the school. Ansel left his negatives for
educational purposes, not so others can rewrite his work. :-)

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Microwave: Signal from a friendly micro...