Subject: [Leica] How to get kids interested into ( Leica ) photo ?
From: V8PWR@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 12:11:16 EDT

Hello Dan and all leica users.
To me it's very easy to get children to be interested into photography.
Just have to remember that kids love touching everything , not only with the
eyes . So don't panic if your kid ( 3 for me ) take the camera to have a view
.
through it . Just learn them to put the strap on each occasion .
Having both SLR and M Leicas , there choices inevitably go to the M because
they are smaller , and  , most of all , they seem to love the shutter noise
and
softness . When my 3 daughters see me removing a film from an M , its almost
a fight on who's gonna get it first to shot 30 or 50 times just for playing
with
it ! My wife is scarred about me leaving such a high value camera in there
hands but there has never been a problem since they have the strap .
On some occasions we play what they call THE MOVIE . By this they mean
wachting slides on the screen . They seem to love it too.
But most of all , as I said in my last message , what the kids really love is
to enlarge BW  pictures that they've taken .
For those like me who don't own a fortune to buy an brand new M6 for each , I
think old Leica copies can do there job : ZORKI's AND
KIEV's are a good approach.  When I think about it I started with this !
See ya .
note for jh : it will not be a porsche , but a car with a SB CHEVY !