Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: M-6 Pressure Plate Scratches
From: Henry Ambrose <digphoto@nashville.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 08:33:55 -0500

>PS... The thought of having to perform surgery on a new camera seems a bit
>out of line.
>Is anyone "as" exhaustively testing other new cameras? F5, Contax, Rollei?
>And is this a new problem "only" because there is a new Nikon scanner? Or
>is it a problem that effects your results in other ways as well. Does it
>show in a slide screen? Show up in photo prints? Condenser? Diffusion? Cold
>Lite?

Hell yes, performing surgery on a new camera is out of line!

That's why mine is back at Leica now.

No, I have NOT exhaustively tested other new cameras BECAUSE neither my
F5  or my Rolllei scratch the film. I scan lots of film. Film I've shot
and film from other sources.

It s NOT a problem because there's a new Nikon scanner. It IS a problem
because the film is scratched. That's all.

I don't think all M6's scratch the film. Obviously yours don't. Some of
us are not so lucky.

Until you personally inspect the film from these cameras why not drop the
arguments? Just MAYBE we're not idiots and MAYBE the film really is
scratched.

Henry Ambrose