Subject: [Leica] Free Leica anyone? Really!
From: "David Freedman" <dpfreedman@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 22:44:39 -0400

Don't get too excited just yet.  Here's the story:  Several years ago I was
given this camera when a friend's father passed away. I'm told it's a Leica
IIIf but I really don't know for sure. In any case, while structurally
intact and cosmetically not too bad it does have its problems. The
rangefinder barely functions and one of the shutter curtains has jumped the
track. It also appears as though someone has tried to remove (or at least
deface) the Leica logo on the top plate.  If you're curious, I've uploaded
two digital pictures you can have a look at:

http://home.att.net/~dpfreedman/leica1.jpg
http://home.att.net/~dpfreedman/leica2.jpg

I have no interest in this camera and don't intend to have it repaired but
would also hate to just toss it out. Consequently, an offer: If anyone on
the list (continental US only please) would like to adopt this camera, I'd
be delighted to let them have it for the cost of postage.  My way of
thanking the list for all of the good reading and (occasionally) useful
information.

The rush is on.

Regards,

Dave F.