Subject: Re: [Leica] Tina's remark about the R-8
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 15:47:14 -0400

At 02:47 PM 4/12/99 -0500, you wrote:

>Hi Tina,
>
>Thanks for your quick response.  Do you use the wide angle on the R?  How
>does it compare with the M's for wide angle work?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>MK

Hi, Mary -

I bought the 19 because I really like the 21 on my M's and wondered what a
little wider would look like.  I haven't done any actual comparisons but
the slides from the 19 on the R don't look as wide as the ones from 21 on
the M for some reason.  Maybe the 19 has a little less distortion?  Again,
I like the lens but would not carry the camera very far for an extra 2
degrees of coverage.  The extra finder for 21 on the M is a nuisance but it
doesn't weigh nearly as much as the R + 19  :-)    The M coverage of 21 to
135 fills my needs but I can certainly see that other photographers might
want and need the wider and longer lenses.

Leically,

Tina
Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com/