Subject: Re: [Leica] Fw: Leica 280mm f2.8
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 23:34:13 -0500

At 09:00 PM 4/11/99 -0300, you wrote:
>The Leica 280 is supposed to be the best
>of all the 300 2.8 lenses, although you are probably splitting hairs when
>comparing it to the Canon

Most tests I've seen give the nod to the Canon by a slight margin. But the
Contax 300 2.8 Tele Apo Tessar is supposed to be slightly better than
either one - for something like $15,000 +. But for the price, the Leica
lens is the cheapest used.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

The Devil whispered behind the leaves, It's pretty, but is it Art?   -
Rudyard Kipling