Subject: RE: [Leica] [Leica] flash (and now R-bodies talk)
From: "Andrew S Jordan" <andrewsjordan@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 22:43:59 -0400

> Whatever happened to the R5?
>
> Dan C.

Dan: I am very pleased with my "made in Germany" R5. It has all the quality
improvements of the R4sp plus
          the exposure options of the R4 as well as through-the-lens flash
metering capability.The R7 is slightly bigger
          and has more features. But I can live with the absence of mirror
lock-up and half- stops in shutter speed.The
          only feature I miss is the automated fill flash.(In view of its
weight, exotic shape and the reported "teething"
          problems, I have been able to subdue my enthusiasm for the R8.)

    regards, Andrew Jordan