Subject: [Leica] shutterbug
From: "Gary and Dawn Klein" <gdklein@bytehead.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 23:30:31 -0500

I only read it when I am looking for another piece of gear to add to my
already burgeoning camera bag.  Sometimes I buy it only to look at the
prices of stuff and think, "that much for that junk?".

Oh and I will just about gag if I ever have to read another article written
by Monte Zucker.  I used to work at a studio that did weddings, portraits
and commercial stuff.  The other guys thought that Monte's stuff was the
best thing since sliced bread.  They were also so hyped by PPof A  stuff.  I
mean, guys getting so into getting their merit prints so they could get
their "masters PPof A".  Getting their degrees for print technique,
photographic technique etc etc.   I am more into "real photos" and hence I
am a photojournalist again. There is a wedding guy in our county who just
got his masters and you think, by the way he goes about, he is the Christ
incarnate of photography.  I have little time for egos of that nature.

I will admit this one thing about the wedding biz.  Its far too much
pressure for me when you consider the contrast in what bride wants in the
pre wedding sessions and what really happens on the  wedding day!   Well on
top of that, just think of the pressure of hoping your Hassleblad 70mm
magazine worked correctly after hearing one of the other photographers woes
with that fickle magazine.  But it sure was handy for weddings.

gck