Subject: Re: [Leica] Problem with M6 scratching film: Poll
From: Henry Ambrose <digphoto@nashville.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 08:37:29 -0500

>  ... Should they be considered defective
>now...?'  This ever so faintly raises the question - are earlier Leicas also
>scratching film?
>
>So, how about a poll? How many LUGers are experiencing fine longitudinal
>scratches on scanned negatives?  The scratches can be spotted in Photoshop
>if you enlarge the image to Actual Pixel Size then zoom in once or twice
>more.
>
>Gareth

>>Seriously, though, would those M6s had been considered defective prior to
>>the advent of the computer scanner (which they seem to predate)?  I doubt
>>it.  Should they be considered defective now...?
>>
>>Bruce Feldman
>>Warsaw

No, its not the scanner. Though this problem is more visible when viewing
scans. My camera would definitely be "defective" by any measure.  It
scratchs the hell out of the film. I would not accept this from a $100
point and shoot and certainly not from my Leica.

I would love to hear any accounts of scratching film from other M6 users
as Gareth suggested.

Henry