Subject: [Leica] New in LUG
From: Luis Argüelles <arguelles.cbnr@redestb.es>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 17:17:10 +0200

I'm new in this LUG and would like to introduce myself.

I started shooting photographies at 14, when my father gifted me a second hand Zeiss-Ikon Contaflex. Two years later I bought a s/h Leica Ic standard (believe it or not, I bought it for about the equivalent of 5$) and I took a lot of pics with both cameras.

After using Nikon reflex since 1990, I bought a Konica Hexar two years ago and now I'm hooked on rangefinder cameras.

Due to this I'll buy an M2 next May with a rigid Summicron 50 f/2. Since it will be my 40 th birthday, it will also be a "treatment" for "40-depression" :)

Ok, I also would like to comment the message of the new Voigtlander Bessa-L.

The Bessa-L incorporates TTL metering and a 1/2000s maximum shutter speed
and will be offered with either a 15mm f4.5 Super-wide Heliar aspheric lens
or a 25mm f4 Snapshot-Skopar.   [...] Attachment is via
an L-mount screw (presumably Leica!) that allows interchangability with
matching lenses and cameras.

I have not all the info in front of me now, but I think the mount is not screw, but simply an M mount.

Interestingly, the photo of the camera shows it with no viewfinder of its
own, but only an accessory viewfinder!

Yes, the new Bessa is a camera with no viewfinder and takes special viewfinders for every lens. As you can imagine, it has not a rangefinder and you must focus the lenses using your eyes and your experience (not a problem for a 15mm and a 25 mm lens).

Finally it seems that Konika will launch a new rangefinder camera with Leica-M mount. I know it has been a rumor since many time ago, but a magazine in France published serious info about it.

Best lights:
Luis Arguelles
Oviedo, Spain