Subject: Re: [Leica] you will hate me now. (off topic, long) You're WRONG, but I don't hate you (OFF topic - long)
From: "A S Jordan" <andrewsjordan@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 05:44:25 -0500

>How is it that those who always see media conspiracies lurking behind every
>printing press and t.v. broadcast tower conveniently forget that the vast
>majority of owners of these various media are BUSINESS men and women, and,
>more often than not, are Republicans, and often conservative Republicans.

B.D., Eric and others:

Thank you for your sane comments on this thread. It seems that the LUG
represents a very wide cross-section of political views from left to right.
I have been annoyed by illustrious Leicaphiles  calling the movie
"Schindler's List" a "fallacious LIST flick" and referring to CNN as the
"Communist News Network". While we cannot bridge our political discord, we
can agree on many aspects of  photography. Let us focus on Leica and apply a
filter, if not to our lenses, but to the  controversial and often
idiosyncratic political and/or philosophical views!

with best regards, Andrew Jordan
(slightly to the left of the NYTimes and WPost)