Subject: Re: [Leica] Hello all from a new lugnut
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 22:51:32 -0700

>What's the coolest pre M4 black body M camera?  >
>Maurice Hamoy

Thanks for the chance to brag, Maurice. Without a doubt my black M2 (38th
one made in first batch, 1958) with black (1st version) 35mm Summicron is as
cool as it gets. In fact, I thought, no way it could get any cooler.

Then last year I added a black (!) Abrahamsson M2 Rapidwinder to it - took
it right off Tom's camera after I impatiently let him finish the roll in his
own M2. Now that combination is so way cool that you can only say, as I
learned last week from our teenage visitor from Germany, "HOT!", (pronounced
"hott"), which sounds really cool, too, with a German accent.

Know what's coolest of all - I bought camera and lens used for $125. Of
course, that was over 30 years ago, and you'll need a lot of cold cash to
get such a cool deal today.

Welcome to the LUG, Maurice - no cold shoulders here, just really cool
cameras!

Shivering Regards,
Gary Todoroff
Tree LUGger