Subject: Re: [Leica] RE; DISCREETNESS
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 1999 21:58:16 -0400

At 08:14 PM 4/5/99 -0500, you wrote:
>That's fine, as long as you limit your photography to folks who
>"love" you....I doubt the dope dealer in the gold BMW on the
>street corner in south Dallas feels exactly the same way....
>
>:) :) :)
>Walt

Walt -

I'm sure that the photographers who have made the most effective
photographs of dope dealers have built some kind of relationship with them
before they bring out the cameras.  The photographs are not "sneak" shots
from hidden cameras.  See the photography of Stan Grossfeld (two Pulitzers
for the Boston Globe.)  He uses his photography to make a difference.
That's the only point I was making.  You'd be surprised at the people you
can "love" if you give it a try.

Leically,

Tina
Tina Manley, ASMP