Subject: Re: [Leica] how to be distreet?
From: "jahudson" <jahudson@direct.ca>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 1999 20:37:03 -0700

- ----- Original Message -----
From: dan states <dstate1@hotmail.com>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: Sunday, April 04, 1999 5:21 PM

> Hi Eric, I have found that the only people who notice the M6 are real
> camera nuts...Most people think it is some old snapshot camera.  I
> usually wear a light jacket, and the camera under that with the lens
> poking out.
>
> Have fun.
> Dan

Many years ago I saw something on a similar theme at the definitely "photo
on pain of being shot" border between Macau and China. The owner of a Pentax
had an attachment, like the tube from inside the roll of toilet tissue,
screwed onto the front of his lens. Inside the hollow tube was a mirror set
at a 45 degree angle. The enterprising fellow was able to take photos at a
90 degree angle to the subjects..... namely the PLA border guards.

jh