Subject: Re: Antw: [Leica] Good prices for 70-180/2.8 and 105-280/4.2
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 1999 08:50:50 -0300

Pascal:

The 105-280 is a pretty awesome lens.  It is heavy though and works best on
a monopod.  I have shot it handheld, but I have an 80-200 if I need shorter
focal lengths and less weight.  The 105-280 gives you a 280, at a
reasonable size.  If you couple it to a 1.4x extender you get a 150-400
which is still reasonably fast.  I could see taking only this lens, a wide
angle, 60mm macro, and a 1.4x extender as a complete kit for travel and
scenic photography.

Regards,

Robert