Subject: Re: [Leica] R vs M wide super wide angle lenses
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 15:46:19 -0600

At 11:34 AM 4/2/99 -0500, you wrote:
>I'm thinking of rounding out my camera outfit with an R7 and would like
>to know if the R
>system equals the M for wide-angle work like buildings and interiors as
>far as clarity and
>minimal distortion.  I like the idea of not having to use an external
>(dust-prone) finder.

You bet your bippie! In fact, just today I was scanning in some
architecture work I did with my 19 Elmarit R. (New version). Lines on the
building were PERFECT. Not one discernable iota of distortion. And I was
close up into it. Not far out. The edges of the building were literally at
the edge of the image, and they were perfect. I am amazed.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Bumper Sticker: "Horn doesn't work; Watch for finger"