Subject: Re: [Leica] I missed it.
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 1999 12:32:00 -0600

At 11:01 AM 4/1/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Hey Eric, we're all entitled to our opinions. Yes, he took some memorable
>photos - But over all, I'll have to stick with my opinion...There are Life
>photographers from the same era who were far better and did work with far more
>impact. IMHO.

Same era? He WAS Life magazine. He outlasted it, almost twice. He was one
of the original photographers whose work was in the first issue in Nov.
1936. And not even Margaret (set 'em up) Bourke-White could match his
career. Partially because of her Parkinsons and also because he was so
prolific.

His work was unique. And to throw him in with People Magazine shooters
(many of whom are paparazzi) is plain wrong.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

     The precept: Judge not, that ye be not judged... is an
     abdication of moral responsibility. It is a moral blank
     check one gives to others in exchange for a moral blank
     check one expects for oneself. The moral principle to adopt