Subject: RE: [Leica] Eye Contact
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 1999 12:27:46 -0600

At 05:33 PM 4/1/99 +0200, you wrote:

>NOBODY here wrote that "eye contact makes better pictures".

You must have missed it.

>Regarding the status of the photographer in my sentence, I maintain what I
>have written, and I extend that to the editor as well. What is important is
>the relationship between the viewer (or the reader) and the picture (or the

I would say the reader and the subject of the photograph. But you would
have it that those pictures that require captions are automatically less
than those that don't. I say that one can't make such a distinction.

>as well), eye-contact is the easy, obvious, way of linking the subject to
>the viewer. There are also many other ways, that are much harder to use. I

Yes.

>At the end of the day, I fully agree with your last paragraph hereunder.
>And certainly wish you read more than 1 paragraph of the posts you react
>against with so much anger.

Because someone disagrees, they didn't read the whole post? The straw man
of the net. I'm afraid I've used that one too many times myself.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

     The precept: Judge not, that ye be not judged... is an
     abdication of moral responsibility. It is a moral blank
     check one gives to others in exchange for a moral blank
     check one expects for oneself. The moral principle to adopt