Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Autofocus & Leica
From: "dan states" <dstate1@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 18:30:06 PST

Donal, I used to have the same problem..I was always trying to get the
leader secured, and even wind the film over a frame before putting the
bottom cover back on.  I had fairly regular problems.  I finally got
so damn mad that I read the instructions (a first for me).  I followed
them exactly, and have never had a problem since!  Proper loading of
the M6 means ignoring every human instinct that drives you to mess
with the film.  Pull the leader halfway across the take up spool, put
the bottom cover on, and wind the film.  I have never had a problem
since.  In my mind I heard a guy with a german accent saying "if you
would just do what we tell you...."

Best Wishes,,
Dan