Subject: [Leica] Preserving prints and transparancies
From: "jahudson" <jahudson@direct.ca>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 15:24:19 -0800

When our first granchild arrives I am contemplating writing to him or her,
starting with the first birthday, and enclosing in the envelope some
newsclippings,  photos, family history, etc, etc, etc from the year just
ended. This would continue as an annual event until age 21 or my earlier
demise. Come the child's 21st birthday he or she would open the first
envelope, on the 22nd birthday the second envelope would be opened, and so
on. The completed and sealed envelopes would be held in safe custody  in a
bank box or lawyer's office.

Can anyone offer me any advice on the type[s] of film, paper, processing,
storage conditions, etc, etc so as to ensure as far as possible that the
photos and / or transparancies suffer the least amount of degredation over
the years.

Thanks

John Hudson