Subject: Re: [Leica] which M for me?
From: "Art Peterson" <peterson_art@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 09:53:03 PST

Eric,

I'll offer you an alternative opinion to Dan Post's (below) regarding
"which M" you should get.  For your intended use ("I'll [be] using 35,
50 and 90"), I'd suggest an M2, which has precisely those framelines,
rather than an M3, which lacks the 35mm.  But if you're "particularly
drawn to the M4" and are looking for the "best value for [the] money,"
consider that you can get an M4, essentially, but for much less money,
if you buy an M4-2 or M4P.  All of this assumes (and your interest in
the M4 suggests) that you don't need (or want) a built-in light meter,
which is what the M6 adds to the equation.  Hope that helps.

Art Peterson

- ----Original Message Follows----