Subject: [Leica] New Kodak C41 B&W
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 11:09:14 -0500

I've been out of town and madly deleting alot of messages without
reading..sorry...has there been any discussion of the new Kodak C41
B&W....I think it's Called Black&White +.....they claim a good range of
50 to 1600...with the only change in results being that up to three
stops over gives you finer grain, while up to two under increases
grain...it's alleged to be a 400 film with the grain of a 200...There
was a write up in one of the photo mags..maybe Peterson's...that made it
sound pretty good, although if I'm not mistaken there was no discussion
of comparison to TMX CN or Illford XP2 Super.....My son saw some negs a
friend of his at work shot with a sample batch and he said that the
stuff shot at 1600 had a lot of good detail and contrast.,....anybody
know anything more?

B. D.