Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica & Contax test
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 19:02:20 -0600

At 12:20 AM 3/30/99 +0200, you wrote:
>All humans are naive inductivists.  Some just don't acknowledge it.

And what is this supposed to mean? That I don't know that I'm basing it on
my experience and not on some long-term, side-by-side "objective"
comparison test of bodies? I don't even live anywhere near a Contax dealer
that stocks them.

Why would I feel obligated to give a camera a chance when:

1: I know it does not serve my purposes for my work. (AF is not
professionally useable for the kind of work I do. No real direct manual
focus. Slow lenses. Sick of beating dead horses).

2: I don't like the viewfinder. (Whinny! Whack!)

3: I already am heavily invested in another system that more suits my
needs, and I do not have unlimited funds, time or the inclination to play
camera tester instead of making real pictures. (Note: camera testing is a
noble pursuit, and done properly can be a major contribution to the
photographic world. I am not one of those people, for me it would be playing.)

Is that enough? Or am I missing something on this camera that is so
outrageously great that I could overlook 1, 2 and especially 3.

I'll answer that.

No....

....probably. And I'm comfortable with that.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

You know how to make God laugh? Make a plan. - Anonymous