Subject: [Leica] rapidwinder lock [Leica] rapidwinder lock
From: "Dr. Joseph Yao" <yaojkfdr@netvigator.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 01:24:50 +0800

Hello Alex,

> I am enjoying Tom's rapidwinders, more I use 'em, more I like 'em, but I
> also think that the lock (on one of a pair) is not quite stiff enough. It
> has not yet caused a problem, it just doesn't have much resistance.
> How did Tom do the adjustment? Could I have a go at that myself or is it a
> job for 'the creator' only??

You forgot to ask one of the biggest buyer of Rapidwinders!  Having
bought more than fifty of these over the past few months I hope I know a
thing or two about these beautiful creations.  The adjustment is very
simple:

Take a look at the locking disc on the top plate of the winder, on the
side of it there is a screw.  Remove this screw and gently remove ths
locking disc.  You will see a copper shim resting on the top plate.
Simply remove this shim and reassemble the locking disc and screw.
Please do not over-tighten the screw.  You will notice the winder now
fits a bit tighter than before.  Any more questions, please e-mail me
privately.

I have adjusted more than 35 winders over the past six months so I hope
I could be of some help here.

Regards,

Joseph