Subject: [Leica] rapidwinder lock
From: Alex Brattell <alex@zetetic.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 16:56:24 +0000

>Tom also adjusted the lock on my rapidwinder (I wanted it to become a little
>stiffer), and he also taught me how to take off a M-top plate. I don't think
>I will ever dare to do it myself, but I like to know what the construction
>is like.
>

>Regards, Hans Pahlen

Hi Hans

I am enjoying Tom's rapidwinders, more I use 'em, more I like 'em, but I
also think that the lock (on one of a pair) is not quite stiff enough. It
has not yet caused a problem, it just doesn't have much resistance.
How did Tom do the adjustment? Could I have a go at that myself or is it a
job for 'the creator' only??

Thanks
Alex