Subject: [Leica] New Gray Summilux 35 ASPH vs Used
From: "eferro" <eferro@tbscc.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 1999 17:04:51 -0500

I'm interested in purchasing a Summilux 35 f1.4.  I'd like to buy new but
I've located a gray one for about $600 less than a new lens from a licensed
Leica distributor.  I've also seen used lenses in mint condition for more
than a new gray lens.  My question is this.  Is there any benefit to
purchasing a used Summilux that was purchased through a licensed Leica
distributor versus purchasing a new gray lens?
Thanks in advance for any assistance that can be offered.
Ernie