Subject: RE: [Leica] RE: learn to post your message
From: Alan Ball <AlanBall@csi.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 06:15:10 +0100

Roger,
It is precisely because this type of mailing list does not automatically
thread conversations that it is useful that individual posters help other
readers follow the conversation. Otherwise you might just as well go
private. Please also keep in mind that 2/3 of all LUG posts are posted from
the USA, during the night for 'us' (GMT +some). So, when I get the full
load in at the first morning connection, I appreciate being able to jump
into conversations that I have not followed from the very beginning.
Pasting ENOUGH (not everything, of course) of the previous data helps non
synchronised luggers to voice their opinion without being over-redundant
with things that might have been written a few hours earlier. And without
having to read extensively every single one of the earlier posts, if these
have not yet been deleted.

I do not consider the list 'owes' me anything BTW.

Alan