Subject: [Leica] Re: Too many lenses
From: drodgers@nextlink.net
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 17:42:42 -0800

Hans

>>But in order to get money for some asph lenses I have
in fact cleaned out my cupboards,<<

I recently did the same. I have the uncanny ability to acquire lenses.

The problem of over-acquisition is less with Leica, due to the costs involved.
The end result is fewer, but more desirable lenses.

When I used Nikon, I had as many as 20 lenses at one time. When I moved to
Contax, I cut the number in half. Now I'm migrating to Leica R, and I hope to
cut it half again.

It would be nice to grab one bag that contains every lens I own. In the past,
I've spent hours on equipment decisions prior to leaving on a trip. And to what
end? Regardless of what I end up taking, I always use the same two or three
lenses.

Dave