Subject: RE: [Leica] G system and Leica IN YOUR DREAMS
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 06:10:56 +0000

>> Dan K wrote:
>>
>> >I am trying hard to comprehend what you are saying.  How could anyone
>> come
>> >to a conclusion that the G glass is "between 10 to 30 percent less good
>> >that the M" without some form of precise and comprehensive comparative
>> >testing?

>> Simple, because you are asking Leica users.  Had you asked Contax G users
>> they would say they are just as good.
>>
>> Peter K

Not so simple.  If anyone claims that one glass is 10 to 30 percent less
good than another,  one expects to see some objective data to support such
a statement.  If not, anyone can just pluck any figure from the air, post
it in the group discussion and discredit an otherwise fine lens.  This is
mischievious and irresponsible.

Dan K.