Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica & Contax Lens Comparison
From: TEAShea@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 11:14:40 EST

<< G2 and Leica  M systems.  >>

interesting question.  I have (including some duplicates) 22 Canon EOS lenses,
18 Leica M lenses, 20 Contax SLR lenses and 11 Contax G2 lenses.

In general terms, I find that the best of each group are very high quality.
For prints up to 11 x 14, the best are not distinguishable from each other (to
me).  However, at the extreme the new Leica aspherical lenses are slightly
better than the rest.  \

As has often been discussed in this forum, there is a substantial question of
whether this marginal difference in quality is important.  To me, for 99% of
my shooting, the difference is inconsequential.  However, this does not mean
that the difference is unimportant.  I just like knowing that the new Leica M
aspherical lenses have that slight extra capability.  Even though I use my
Leica system less than any of the other systems, Leica is special and useful.

Tom Shea