Subject: [Leica] Black & white film
From: allan jay silver <silver@proaxis.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 19:46:35 -0800

Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 11:33:50 EST
From:	Subject: [Leica] High speed black and white film

Your request for info re: black & white film for pix at the Zoo mentions
asa ratings of 1600 or more.  I am an old timer and I always assume that
this high speed film yields grain the size of golf balls.  Anticipating
possible 16x20 enlargements make me go for fine grain film at much lower
ASA.  It appeared to be a trade off.  I mainly used High speed for night
shots.  coupling large aperture lenses with high speed allowed exposures in
the 125th  to 250th range
allan