Subject: Re: [Leica] Sorry - FS, Minolta Auto Meter IV F
From: Michael Gardner <mikeg@neca.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 09:46:28 -0500

Richard W. Hemingway wrote:

> Luggers,
>
> Sorry for the Monday posting, but I would like to buy a Seconic 508 before
> Sat for my granddaughter's wedding and need to know if this one will sell.
> (Heck I'm using the Noct. and I need a meter with an illuminated face to be
> able to read it <gr>)

Dick,
Just a couple of comments.  You are using an M6 with negative film, right?
What's wrong with your M6 meter?  Light up the two little arrows and shoot!
When moments are happening quickly, trying to maneuver a new meter that you are
unfamiliar with will lead to terminal fiddling and missed photo opportunities.
Also, it's a bad idea to go into a photo shoot that is important to you with a
brand new meter that you haven't tested thoroughly.  Just because a meter is
new doesn't mean it will be giving you the correct information.  I've seen new
meters that were off by two stops.
Hold your M6/Noct and use the Force!
Mike Gardner