Subject: Re: [Leica] AA, HCB & Leicas
From: "dan states" <dstate1@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 13:57:00 PST

An excellent point!  As film and lens technology advances 35mm is no
longer considered a "miniture" format.  Adams himself started using
the "smaller" 6x6 format in response to the technological improvements
that made it capable of the results he desired.  Indeed he was a
frequent user of 35mm, including R series Leicas near the end of his
life.

Choosing "between" Adams and the HCB/Salgado's of the world is
thankfully a choice we dont have to make.  I choose them all...I love
the work of all these photographers because of the way I feel when I
see their photos...not the particular method in which their work was
achieved.

Best Wishes
Dan