Subject: Re: [Leica] 35/1.4 Asph vs 50/1 Noct
From: "dan states" <dstate1@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 08:51:16 PST

Hi Chris,I saw those scores to, and I would challenge the results of the
test on the 35 asph.  Its overall score of 3.8 versus a much higher
average for other leica M lenses makes me think they either got a bad
example, or have mis-labeled a test of the  old Summilux as an ASPH.
The 35 asph is generally regarded by magazines and users alike as the
finest 35mm lens ever made, and in my short exposure to it I would
definitely agree.  I have also used the Noctilux ocassionally, and was
quite pleased with it's performance, but it in no way surpasses, or even
equals the results of the ASPH Summilux.

In general I like the Photodo site.  I purchased a 28mm Contax Distagon
based on their testing, and have found it to be of exceptional quality.
(especially for 350.00!)

Best Wishes
Dan