Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Resale value? Not an issue
From: Zeissleica@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 07:56:52 EST

In a message dated 3/20/99 8:07:37 PM Eastern Standard Time,
walt@jove.acs.unt.edu writes:

>  Amateur radio has seen an EXPLOSION in "dealers".....people who
>  actively pursue equipment with ONLY the future deal in mind...
>  I'm sure we have those here, lurking, but they usually prefer to
>  buy from uninformed parties (CERTAINLY not the LUG...) so as to
>  maximize profits...

An article in a recent issue of Wired Magazine comes to mind.  Seems some
young kid acting as a amateur radio dealer ripped off someone via the Net and
got blown up by a letter bomb for his sins.

Hope we never hear of anything like that in this forum.

/Mitch