Subject: [Leica] Damn Lens Hood Stuck!
From: richfulco@webtv.net (Richard Fulco)
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 18:58:17 -0600 (CST)

Hello List Members

After years of coveting an M6, I finally purchased a new M6 TTL with a
f1.4 35mm ASPH lens.  The damn lens hood is stuck!  I can't get it off.
According to the instructions you simply depress the catches on the
sides and pull the hood straight off.  How much force is required to
remove this thing--is any turning or twisting required?  Also, on the
end of the lens there is a knurled ring with two red arrows on it--I
don't see such a ring in any photos of the lens in Leica's new catalog.
What is it?

Thanks in advance.

Richard Fulco
Extremely Frustrated Leica Neophyte in Minneapolis