Subject: [Leica] OFF TOPIC problem with Outlook Express
From: "Doug McLernon" <dhwsmc@tinet.ie>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 10:30:02 -0000

Hi Garry,

I have the same problem with mailer that you do. The download of mail
freezes and the package hangs. My system administrator has traced it to an
improperly set package in someone's defaults when they post to the LUG. It
appears that  it is improperly set to 7 bit rather than 8 in their mail
program. The easy fix is to go to http://readmail.com and clear your mailer
off the server. The problem does not occur in Eudora ( I have a beta 4.2
running for evaluation) but I prefer the filter system in Outlook Express
and hope that Microsoft comes up with an over-ride.PERHAPS LUGGERS MIGHT
CHECK THEIR MAIL SETTINGS.
regards,
Doug

 Dr. Douglas McLernon,