Subject: Re: [Leica] 35/1.4 Asph vs 50/1 Noct
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 22:53:46 -0600

At 02:18 PM 3/18/99 +1100, you wrote:
>Does real use bear out these results? Is the noct really that good, even
>compared to the 35/1.4 Asph?

I've used both, and the Noctilux has some properties that are wonderful and
make it a tool without peer. But when shot side-by-side with a Summilux
ASPH, I can tell you the Summilux is sharper, and it's performance bears
out what Erwin refers to in his reviews about the modern Leica lenses.

>Does this seem to indicate that the Noct is already so good that Leica
>is unlikely to ever replace this design with perhaps some new Noct Asph?

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

3. Lastly, save the revised signature using the "File|Save Signature As"
menu item and start the timer.